My 30 year career has focused on international travel – that is where my heart has let me until recently when my daughter and I decided to do a research trip to Utah. This episode shines a light on two key destinations that are completely different and equally magical: Moab and Sundance. My guests are Mike Ballard, tour guide and founder of Big Iron Tour Co. and Donna Campbell, licensed massage therapist for Sundance Resort in Provo.
- Born and raised in Moab, forging for food while exploring the red hills all day
- Grew up poor in a family of 10 children
- Describes a tour through the canyon floor, along a river, even in 104 degree summers
- The town of Moab—then and now
- A variety of accommodations from luxurious to glamping with Under Canvas
- Moab one of a handful of “dark sky destinations”
- A great choice for travelers of all ages, interests, and activity level
- Advice from Mike
- What is it about Sundance that is so compelling and magical and how she came to work there
- Robert Redford and the history of Sundance
- A long list of things to do and experience without leaving the property
- If you do want to venture out, what’s nearby and don’t miss the town of Provo
- Donna’s thoughts on Moab and Sundance
Gonzo Inn: https://gonzoinn.com/
Annie Collins is a true Travel Architect–passionate about custom-designing unique and seamless travel experiences. If you would like to have a conversation with Annie about planning your next trip, head on over to arrange a convenient time.