Adam Torres and Carol Bowar discuss Carol’s new book.
Subscribe: iTunes / Spotify / Stitcher / RSS
Apply to be a guest on our podcast here
New book alert! In this episode, Adam Torres interviewed Carol Bowar, Executive Director of Girls Athletic Leadership Schools of Denver (GALS Denver). Explore Carol’s new book, Mission Matters Business Leaders Edition Volume 7.
Watch Full Interview:
About Carol Bowar
Highly accomplished organizational and community leader with close to 30 years’ experience in experiential education, international education, leadership, prevention, and empowerment programming, curriculum design, community service and service learning programming, and girls and women’s issues.
• Expertise in experiential education programming and leadership curriculum, from design through to evaluation and assessment. Worked successfully with international teams in multicultural settings.
• Strong success in individual and group management and coaching, focusing on human capital development, individual and team professional development, executive growth, and board development.
• Skilled in public speaking, training (design and delivery for adults and young adults), and group facilitation of strategy and learning.
• Seasoned fundraiser with a successful track record in meeting goals and managing financial health.
• Well versed in creating strategy for program and business development and implementation.
Specialties include: Women in leadership, Organizational Development and Coaching, Experiential Education, Strategic Planning and Board Management, Policy and Advocacy, Fundraising, Inclusiveness Planning and Strategy, Leadership Curriculum Development, Training, International Education and Culture.
About Girls Athletic Leadership Schools of Denver (GALS Denver)
The Girls Athletic Leadership School (GALS Denver) envisions a world where all young women, regardless of their background, are given access to a personalized and holistic education that provides them the opportunity to access the skills, knowledge and self-determination to succeed in college and to develop as leaders in their communities and the world.
GALS empowers young women to succeed academically, lead confidently, live boldly, and thrive physically through an innovative education model that focuses on physical movement, mental health and social-emotional development, positive gender, and academics.
As a public charter school within Denver Public Schools, GALS Denver needs to raise $975 in additional funds for every student they serve, in order to support our expanded programs — including our social emotional and mental health supports which are more critical than ever in the midst of a pandemic.