FOOT TRODDEN — The image and title of this new book was so intriguing that I contacted Ryan Opaz, the author immediately. I was dying to talk with him. Portugal has been a love of mine for a very long time. I visited myself in the mid-80’s, then my parents relocated and lived there for 15 years and that meant I could take travelers there too. “Paint Portugal” trips were frequent. My brother, David (on an earlier show) is a winemaker too, and so it seemed Ryan and I would have plenty to discuss. FOOT TRODDEN, is a joint venture between two good friends, Simon Woolf a NYTimes best selling author and Ryan Opaz, CEO CataVino travel company, and will be on the shelves in September. Ryan is here with me today to get a sneak preview.
- Ryan Opaz describes Foot Trodden as a first-of-its-kind book that takes a close look at the Portuguese wine making with compelling and personal stories. The book highlights Portugal’s diverse natural beauty, its dynamic history, and its rich compassionate culture.
- Portugal has 20 or so distinct regions. Here Ryan describes the some of the country’s stunning landscapes and how they differ one from the other.
- Foot Trodden highlights favorite places and why they standout as “must-see” destinations with stories and history to bring it alive.
- “A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words” — The cover of Foot Trodden tells a story and invites the reader to consider the ancient method of crushing grapes, with feet that is still used today in much of the country.
- Ryan talks to us next about food and wine pairings and the wine dinners.
- The Foot Trodden project with Kickstarter–and how it has worked and will continue to work for this project.
- Projections for the release—in time for the holidays.
Catavino.net if you want to share about our stories,
Annie Collins is a true Travel Architect–passionate about custom-designing unique and seamless travel experiences. If you would like to have a conversation with Annie about planning your next trip, head on over to freedomtravelllc.com to arrange a convenient time.
If you enjoyed the show, why not go ahead and leave a review right here and go to “Listen on Apple Podcasts”. It is much appreciated.