Iain Baird, writer, avid traveler and long-time friend, is the guest of Freedom Travel Podcast, Annie Collins, Owner & Travel Architect. They talk about the shared adventures of traveling the world for more than three decades. Iain and his wife Ann, along with a small group of like-minded travelers have stories to tell from journeys to Turkey, Italy, Portugal, Greece, Morocco and Cuba.
- Iain’s early life of travel began at age 2 and later lived in India. His wife, Ann, travel all over the country and lived in Germany during her teenage years. Both were vaccinated early with a love of travel.
- How we met over 30 years ago on the board of the Loudoun Ballet Company
- Paint Portugal with Ann and how Iain joined the group and the stories.
- Freedom Travel group travel model of staying in one location and taking day trips.
- Venice story during the flooding city and woman with high-heels!
- Galapagos story of woman in high-heels!
- Turkey a favorite destination and stories include our time with gullet, Istanbul and hot-air balloon over Cappuccino
- Traveling with children and grandchildren
- Greece travel on small ship and had most islands to ourselves
- Morocco adventures including riads, a camel ride in the desert and sunrise over the dunes.
- Cuba travel: A throw back in time. The people could not have been more friendly. It was overwhelming how warm and welcoming they were.
- You don’t come to do the thing and then not do the thing! So, we went horseback riding through the tobacco fields.
Iain Baird has written two books; his memoir, Two Storms, and the short story collection, The Guy in the Box. Both can be found on Amazon.
Annie Collins is a true Travel Architect–passionate about custom-designing unique and seamless travel experiences. If you would like to have a conversation with Annie about planning your next trip, head on over to freedomtravelllc.com to arrange a convenient time.
If you enjoyed the show, why not go ahead and leave a review right here and go to “Listen on Apple Podcasts”. It is much appreciated.