Portugal is country that I know fairly well from years past. My parents lived there for 15 years and they made lots of friends. I brought several groups to visit over those years and of course, mom wanted me to meet all her friends. One friend, Luisa, told mom that I might like to know about this tour guide. Mom told me and I reached out to Jorge Silva and we have stayed in touch and worked together for years. Jorge owns Tours by Jorgeand is with me today. We will revisit places I have been to and we will explore places that I still long to see.
- Overview of Portugal: geography and history
- Freedom Travel designs on 3 key elements: destinations, accommodations and special interests. Jorge gives examples of how those elements weave into all regions of the country.
- Discussion of the culinary specialties of Portugal
- The regions of Portugal are described:
- The north with Porto and Duoro River
- Green wine
- Guimaraes Castle
- Port wine cellars
- Quinta Nova de Nossa Senhora do Carmo
- Dukes Palace
- The center with Lisbon, Cascais and Sintra
- Fado music
- Monserrate Palace
- Westernmost point of Europe
- Nazare fishing village
- Evora and the Temple of Diana
- The south and the Algarve region
Annie Collins is a true Travel Architect–passionate about custom-designing unique and seamless travel experiences. If you would like to have a conversation with Annie about planning your next trip, head on over to freedomtravelllc.com to arrange a convenient time.
If you enjoyed the show, why not go ahead and leave a review right here and go to “Listen on Apple Podcasts”. It is much appreciated.